Challenge 51 - In This Issue
- Five years after Oslo, Three leaders chase an irrelevant peace. Yakov Ben Efrat is hot on their trail while they search for a cure-all to their domestic ills. As the US-touted New World Order disintegrates, Netanyahu, Clinton and Arafat all look more beleaguered than ever.
- The last of this sorry trio has formed a new government - Corrupt but loyal - in a shameless declaration that the Palestinian Authority stands for graft and sleaziness.
- Wise old Abu Tayeb tries hard to understand the peculiar logic behind this Hungry Revolution whose ministers take, take, take.
- Khalid Amayreh enters the glamorous world of high-stakes gambling and watches a game of Jericho Roulette as a wave of PA-imposed liberalization sweeps the West Bank.
- Recovering from the bright neon lights, Amayreh adjusts his focus and ponders The racial differences between Israel and Arab with regard to the problem of thirst.
- Further north, the Workers Advice Center reveals that Arab racism in galilee against West Bank and Jordanian workers.
- Three hundred children attended WAC's Summer Camps in Majd al-Krum and Jaffa. Roni Ben Efrat tells the tale of one day and a photo montage captures a week of excitement.
- As a special fifth anniversary treat, we present the first part of an analysis, The hidden economic logic of Oslo
If you just want a one-time free trial copy, please send us your name and address via e-mail: o...@netvision.net.il.